Our Premiere Location On Catalina Island: Emerald Bay!
If you ever had the chance to eaves drop on the conversations between the Island’s yachters and locals you would discover that Emerald Bay is the most beautiful cove on the island, and MSA has the great privilege to share it as a premiere location with your students.
Enjoy kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, and one of the most interactive aquariums around. Housing consists of cabins and/or tents – so for groups big or small, we welcome you to Emerald Bay on Catalina Island!
An Outdoor Education Program Unlike Any Other!
– World-class salt water aquariums and touch tanks!
– 4 marine ecosystems visible in a single snorkel!
– Scenic outdoor classrooms set in the beauty of a nature preserve!
– Conduct actual field science!
The Most Beautiful Cove On Catalina!
With multiple sandy beaches, several marine ecosystems, a wide canyon with a plethora of plant and wildlife and surrounded by the untouched beauty of nature, Emerald Bay is a real treasure for nature enthusiasts.
Saltwater Aquariums and Touch Tanks!
Emerald Bay is home to the most sophisticated and elaborate saltwater aquariums on Santa Catalina Island. This gives your students the opportunity to experience first hand the topics they just learned about during the lecture.
Breathtaking Snorkeling Sessions!
Emerald Bay is among the top 3 most desired snorkeling locations in California. This activity gives your students the chance to achieve something many thought they could never do and experience another world of spectacular beauty beneath the surface of the Ocean.
Our Marine Science Program
MSA is located at Emerald Bay Cove, which is known to be the most beautiful cove on the island and is one of the top 10 snorkeling spots in the world. Crystal c lear water hosts abundant sea life found nowhere else on the island.
Students are guided through a hands-on educational experience as they explore the renowned Pennington Marine Science Center. Our plankton lab, fish aquariums, shark touch tanks, and invertebrate touch tanks are a few of the amenities that make this an unparalleled research and study center. Learn more about our program details.
Why Catalina Island?
With an abundance of native and endemic flora and fauna, breathtaking snorkeling, world-class salt water aquariums and touch tanks, and multiple outdoor classrooms set in the natural beauty of Catalina, MSA’s marine biology camp at Emerald Bay is a rare opportunity to experience all the best that the island has to offer.
When you bring your group to MSA’s program at Emerald Bay you are giving them the chance to engage in the ongoing field research that we are involved in. Each individual student learns how to implement the scientific method, how to keep a field journal, take organized field notes, and develop their own hypothesis. There is no better place to begin developing a life long passion for the wonderful world of natural science!
Why is Emerald Bay considered a premiere location on Catalina Island?
- – Noted as one of the top ten places to dive in the world!
- – Fully functional saltwater aquariums and touch tanks at the Pennington Marine Science Center.
- – Multiple marine ecosystems visible in a single snorkeling session.
- – Located in a nature preserve with island fox, bison, deer, bald and golden eagles and an endless variety of migratory birds.
- – Wetsuits, snorkeling equipment, kayaks and other program gear ready for your entire school!
- – Comfortable cabins/tents, well maintained facilities and freshly prepared food.
- – Some of the most beautiful kayaking, hiking and diving locations in California.
- – Microscope labs, plankton trawl nets, water analysis equipment and other various resource materials for field research.
- – Large campus with multiple plazas for socializing, outdoor classrooms set in scenic locations, fully stocked camp store, and large open areas for games between and during classes.
Contact Us Now!
Call a member of our team at (310) 519-3172 ext 980, or use this form to request more information and we will be more than happy to get back to you immediately!